UNDER THE GUN
EACH EPISODE STYLISTICALLY ADAPTS TO THE ARTIST.
EVERYTHING FROM PACING, TO CAMERA WORK,
TO MUSIC WILL BE BASED OFF THE ARTIST.
– FEARS: what are they afraid of?
In the case of the 'Heroine of Tattoos' piece, Michael Kelly discusses
his fear of dedicating too much time to tattooing and not enough to his relationships.
Feeding the ego instead of the soul.
This is a relatable element of the series, to hopefully reach
men beyond the tattoo scene and relate it back to how we're all
working through similar fears and struggles in our own little worlds.
– INSPIRATION: how do they stay creatively inspired with others ideas?
How does each artist still own their creative style while constantly working with
the clients creative vision and idea.
Everyday they're working with someone else's concept,
but still applying their style to it.
Something every creative deals with.
- Full length episode (8–12min)
- "13 Needles" (45-90sec) – answering 13 rapid fire questions while tattooing. Fast paced video with simple complimentary graphics.
- "Brand" (30-75sec) – answering the question of how they're reaching their audience and building their brand in such a crowded space.
- 2x excerpts (45-60sec) – quick excerpts from the full length episode that can live on their own.
INSTAGRAM FEED (any of these can be on FB too)
- 3x excerpts (45-60sec) – quick excerpts from the full length episode that can live on their own.
- "Recently Played" (15-40sec) – who are their 3 current go-to musicians?
- "Soled" (15-30sec) – what's been their most consistent shoe purchase? Chuck Taylors? lol
- "What does success look like to you?" (60sec or under) – having the artists concisely define their definition of success.
- 2x "Eye Candy" (15-45sec) – beautiful and mesmerizing shots of the artist working set to dope music, easy to digest, nice to look at, not much effort from the viewer required.
- 3x stills – photos of the artist, gun, work, shop, etc.
- 3x excerpts (15-30sec) – used to tease full episode on FB (swipe up)
- "13 Needles" (45-90sec) – repurpose FB video for IG stories, pick one of the questions at the end and ask the audience to respond with their answer
- "Lunch Time" (30-60sec) – quick IG story show where we leave the artist's shop and go get their favorite lunch nearby
episode production would be overlapped, these are not linear timelines.
this is also contingent on having both the producer and I (listed below).
- 2 days of pre-production
- 3 days of production (multiple tattoo sessions, interview, filming in another setting)
- 10 days of post production (6 days for full episode, 4 days for ancillary content)
- 2 days of pre-production
- 2 days of production (tattoo session, interview, filming in another setting)
- 7 days of post production (5 days for full episode, 2 days for ancillary content)
SCRAPPY & AWESOME
- 1 days of pre-production
- 1.5 days of production (tattoo session, interview, filming in another setting)
- 5 days of post production (4 days for full episode, 1 day for ancillary content)
Mike Rubendall – Founder of Kings Ave, NY
Mike is an internationally renowned artist and entrepreneur, as well as the founder of Kings Avenue Tattoo. Mike has over twenty years of experience in the tattoo industry and has received over fifty international awards for his work. Mike’s work has been featured in hundreds of publications and magazines, as well as being featured in several documentaries and television shows.
Chelsea Rhea – Amulet, St. Petersburg FL
Chelsea's attention to detail is very evident in her work. She has a very specific style she's honing and is very particular about the clients/concepts she takes on. Her work speaks for itself.
Justin Hartman – Grand Reaper, San Diego CA (currently on the road)
"How would you define your own style?
Somewhere between traditional, realistic, and comic book nouveau, which I just made up." Justin is very well known and respected in the community for his beautiful female portraits.
Tim Hendricks – Classic Tattoo, Fullerton CA
Tim Hendricks is a second-generation artist, taught by his father at a young age. Since Tim was old enough to grip a pencil and ride a surfboard he has been pursuing a life of art and adventure. Tim has been tattooing since the early nineties, he got his start by tattooing in the neighborhood he grew up in during his mid-teens. Tim’s lust for life and his continuing pursuit of knowledge, growth and travel combined with his background of a lengthy tattoo career have shaped his style of art into something described as unique and diverse. Now days, Tim can be found at Classic Tattoo in Fullerton or lost in his workshop building tattoo machines.
Wes Schulz – Founder of Dreams Collide, Lancaster PA
Wes has been tattooing since 2005 and enjoys large scale Japanese and illustrative tattooing. Amazing and unique style, beautiful shop, and I've already filmed a little with him.
Phil DeAngulo – Founder Behind the Circle Tattoo, NY
Matt Adamson – Kings Ave, NY
Matt has been tattooing since 2008, starting back in Newcastle, the heart of the North East of England. Matt confidently tattoos in all styles, however he has developed his own take on neo-traditional tattooing over his career and continues to push this genre.
- Virginia Elwood – Saved Tattoo, NY
- Chris Fernandez – Kings Ave, NY
- Chris Garver – Five Points, NY
- Matt Ariola – Private Studio, NY
- Jeremiah Bern – Three Kings, NY
- Atom Lenhart – Golden Ages, Lancaster PA
- Caleb Ralston – Director, Camera Operator, Editor
- Jordan Villamor – Producer, Second Cam, Ancillary Asset Editor
- Sony A7S II – x2 (if buying in September we'd want the A7S III)
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 – x1
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 – x1
- Sony Vario-Tessar FE 16-35mm f/4 – x1
- Sennheiser AVX Wireless Lav Set
- Sony A7S Batteries – x10
- 128GB SD Cards – x4
- Manfrotto Befree Tripod – x2
- MacBook Pro – Caleb's machine
- MacBook Pro – Jordan's machine
- LaCie Thunderbolt USB-C 4TB Drive
- LaCie Thunderbolt USB-C 2TB Drive
- SD Card Reader – x2
- Sony MDR-V6 Headphones – x2
- FCPX License
- Plug Ins Budget
GEAR TOTAL: $20,240
*when applicable. a lot of the artists are NYC local meaning extremely minimal travel expenses
- Rental Cars